Places to Visit in Moscow That Reflect the Real Russian Beauty!
Moscow is a hot favorite destination in Russia. It comprises of monasteries, palaces, museums, parks, cathedrals, towers, hills and galleries. In order to enjoy a complete travel experience, travelers must include every place in their itinerary. Moscow has ancient traditions, rich history and modern culture. Here are the must visit places in Moscow that reflect the real beauty of Russia.
1. Novospassky Monastery: The monastery dates back to the 14th century and is the first monastery established in the heart of Moscow. It is located in the southeastern region and is a must visit place when in Moscow.
2. Sparrow Hills: Sparrow Hills are a must visit for every traveler. It stands tall at an elevation of 220 meters and rises above the Moskya River. You can enjoy breathtaking views of the Moscow skyline from the top of the hill.
3. Moskvarium: Moskvarium is a magical world; it takes marine biology to another level. One of the best places to visit in Moscow, it serves as a home to 80 aquariums that house sea creatures of more than 8000 species. It has sea creatures brought together from across the world.
4. Moscow Kremlin: Encompassing of all the famous attractions, the Kremlin is the royal residence of the President of Russia. It is one of the best and must visit places in Moscow and offers breathtaking views of River Moskva. It remains closed on Thursday.
5. Diamond Fund: This mine of precious stones and jewelry, Diamond Fund is the most fascinating places to visit in Moscow. It is the best place to visit for those who love diamonds. It was established in 1719 and is within the premises of Moscow Kremlin.
6. Losiny Ostrov National Park: The National Park is a perfect mix of wildlife and nature. It is often compared to Pedra Branca State Park in Rio de Janerio in terms of its size and grandeur. It is the first ever national park of Moscow and one can witness many species of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians.
7. Ostankino Tower: The tower stands tall at 1772 feet and is famous for being the only free standing structure in Europe. It is the eleventh high rising structure of the world and is the best place for those who wish to relish the best views of the skyline of Moscow.
8. Grand Kremlin Palace: The Grand Kremlin Palace is a must visit place in Moscow. It was established in 1849 and is beautifully constructed with an eye for detail. The elegant and intricate dcor reflects the charm of the architecture in Russia that perfectly blends with the architecture of Byzantine Revival.
9. Red Square: The Red Square is an interesting place that separates the royal citadel of Kremlin from the merchant quarter of Kitai -gorad. It serves as an attraction for tourists and has significant importance in Russias history.
10. Saint Basils Cathedral: This Cathedral is also famed as the Cathedral of Vasily. It is a crucial landmark in Moscow and is located in the heart of Red Square. It dates back to the 16th century and is a visual treat for travelers. It is also one of the most captured attractions in Moscow.