A Complete Guide for Kedarnath Trek- Ngtraveller
We know that trekking pleases the adrenal shock in us, but Kedarnath trekking does more than that. It also creates a feeling of pure happiness. And let's not forget a touch of spirituality! Adventurous, devotional and breathtaking beauty, she looks just perfect!
Kedarnath Trek Itinerary
Before going into details, let's discuss the duration of the trip. You can complete the trip in one day or you can extend the trip for a few days. If you decide to extend the trip, you will not regret it, because every day you spend there will be full of breathtaking views!
Once you've decided on the duration, here's how to plan your Kedarnath trip!
Your dream trip to Kedarnath will start in Gaurikund. You can hire a shared taxi or taxi to get to this place. Once you're here, put your socks on and start trekking!
Also Read: 5 Best Destinations for Spiritual Trekking in the Himalayas- Ngtraveller
First stoppage: Jungle Chatti
Walk across the Rampara Bridge to reach Jungle Chatti from Gaurikund. The distance from Gaurikund to Jungle Chatti is 4 km. In case you were wondering, the view is incredible from here! If you feel tired, take a break, drink some water, and move on.
Second stoppage: Bheembali
After a 3 km walk from Jungle Chatti you arrive at Bheembali. Along the way, you will be surrounded by snow capped mountains and temple walls that will seduce your senses. Yes, there are accommodations available and you can choose to spend a night here.
Third stoppage: Linchauli
Walk another 4 km from your last stop and you will be in Linchauli. Accommodation is available in Linchauli. This means that you can spend the night here and start over in the morning. If not, you can take a break for a few moments and then continue! A: Although the view of the mountains from Lincholi will be exhausting!
Fourth stoppage: Kedarnath base camp
You will see several campsites on both sides of the trail amidst beautiful mountains on your way to Kedarnath base camp from Lincholi. Take our suggestion, stop to contemplate the impressive panoramic view of the mountains and your eyes will thank you. And before we forget, the distance from Lincoln to the base camp was 4 km (in the north).
The final destination: Kedarnath temple
The last (and perhaps the most exciting) kilometer of the trip! Here you have to walk on the ice, so be careful. Once you get to the temple, prepare to be speechless by the incredible scenery!
Also Read: Best bike ride destinations in India: The offbeat adventure- Ngtraveller
All good things come to an end, and so does the journey near Kedarnath! We know it will be difficult to leave. The spiritual aura and divine mysticism will entice you to stay for some time. But you will have a bucket full of memories to take with you. And if that doesn't seem like enough, stay the night before finally saying goodbye to God's beautiful creation!
When to go for Kedarnath Trek?
The best time to walk around Kedarnath is during the summer months, from April to June. The relatively warm temperature makes it ideal for hiking. In case you were wondering, winter is not suitable as heavy snowfall can cause obstructions during travel. When it comes to monsoons, heavy rains, landslides, and floods can make your trip risky.
Reminder, start your Kedarnath hike early in the morning as you can hike between 4:00 am and 1:30 pm and no later. That is because Kedarnath Dham is located within the wildlife sanctuary and pilgrims cannot walk outside of this time period.
Also Read: Complete Guide to Majestic Mountain Kedarkantha trek- Ngtraveller
Things to remember before going for the Kedarnath Trek
There are many things to consider before planning a trip to Kedarnath. We have listed them for you!
- Get a medical check-up before the flight. It is advisable not to take a trip if you have problems with blood pressure and respiratory disorders.
- Try to complete the trip between 4:00 a.m. M. And 13:30 p. M. According to government regulations. If you think you can't, choose to stay overnight and resume your trip the next day.
- If you feel like you can't complete the trip, don't worry! Get help from palki or pony services to get to the destination.
- If you are hiking for the first time, practice Anulom Vilom every day to improve your breathing.
- Bring some snacks like dried fruit or packaged foods to keep you energized and full all the time! Don't worry, there are food stalls and restaurants on the street (just in case you're wondering). But if you have some food on hand, you can eat on the go if the stalls are closed.
- If you are a homeless woman, avoid wearing saris as it will make your trip uncomfortable. A Salwar kameez with a good pair of sneakers would be nice!
- And yes, while hiking in Kedarnath, don't forget to pack warm clothes even during the summer, when nights can be quite cold.
What are the things to carry for the Trek?
Let's finish packing for the Kedarnath trip. You cannot fill your bag with unnecessary things and make it heavy. Remember, you need to take a trip with him! Take the right approach and pack only what you need. And to make your task easier, here is a list of essential items to put in your luggage!
- Warm clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Packed food
- Water bottle
- Lip care and sunscreen
All that needs to be said has been said. Now go ahead. The entrance to heaven is waiting for you! And remember that the closest airport to Kedarnath is in Dehradun. So book your flights to Dehradun and from there you will reach Kedarnath by road.