A man is an island it is correct to such an extent that most of the people today, even living in their own houses and communities are alone. The being alone' thing while living in a 1.3 billion population-based country is quite an irony. This modern life has given so many things, but along with how much it takes in return, people have to pay it all. You need space, separated from all this chaos of everything. You need a proper vacation.Visit Himachal. Now, whenever the holiday or vacation is pronounced, things that come to mind first that are train stations or airports, vehicles, hotels or resort and so on. Then there is the same old story. Will it give you the space you are craving for? If not, then definitely you need something else.Do you need some extremely private and soothing experience with your partner to make things work out? Maybe in a quiet village in Himachal hills, far away from jazzy hotels, markets, and mainly crowd. Is it so? If you were a solo traveler, who travels not to arrive in destinations but enjoys the journey, were you not prefer to stay in an authentically local residence in remote hilly areas of Himachal Pradesh
, then a classy hotel? Or even you are planning a trip with your family, for a change how would it be to taste some raw taste of Himachal by stepping into a real Himachali family, having great conversations with them, tasting their kind of food, their ritual, and cultures than going to a resort? That is why, the idea of homestays in Himachal, is one of the most exotic attractions for any travelers. Some like it, some like it not, but once you reach out in the right doorsteps before the right welcoming host, you are going to have a once in a lifetime' kind of experience.
Why You Would Crave Homestays
There are quite some reasons that would make you want to go for a homestay. In Himachal especially, the remote areas of Manali, Kulu, Dharamsala
, and Simla has exotic experiences that you can't have staying an urbanized hotel in a crowded marketplace. The hills have their own stories, their people with significant cultures, traditions and also mysteries. Your adventurous soul would be enriched with each exotic homestay.
This Much You Have To Keep In Mind
- The wanderlust people cant bind themselves with a limited package based attractions over a map. There are countless hidden experiences lay inside unnamed corners. For these people, who believe in the rawness of places, then having a guided and marketed vacation, prefer to go out all by themselves and stay in a real local home. Homestays are ideal for them.
- In homestays, the owner plays the host mainly. For that reason, you will have absolutely home same experience. You get the chance to interact with their families, to know their stories as well as share yours. Isn't it exciting to talk with people you don't know, chatting about life who live far away from where you live? Sometimes isn't it more accessible to share yourself with people you don't know that your known people? You can have that experience too.
- Another main attraction that will provoke you that is authentic local food. That is home cooked. You can have delicious recipes and regional cuisines that only a residential can offer you can't have in restaurants. Most of the homestay hosts prepare brilliant dishes because it is one of the main attractions or USP.
- Homestay is as said, "home far from home." It is a true statement indeed to describe a homestay. You can find many varieties in location, in cultures, in preferences, but one thing you will see familiar. That is the warmth of a personalized staying. A proper homestay and hosts provide you that level of coziness and comfort in their residence that you might sometimes forget that you are on someone else's rather than yours. There can be a beautiful collection of books, cozy furniture, beautiful garden, and orchard, water body, which can get you through a lifelong experience in Himachal hills.
Now, this would be unfair stating homestays a complete divine with no boundaries. Though the spirited traveler inside you wants to break all the limits, that is not equivalent to give you a license to whatever madness, and the reckless thing that comes into your mind. You have to remember though you are taking paid hospitality, it is your right to have freedom in your vacation, but for homestays, it is still someone else's home. A home needs a proper vibe, a certain courtesy, and discipline. Many hosts face unexplainable trouble with guests who just made crazy stances of their visit, terrified by that, many hosts put specific regulations. Things you should check before booking one are-
- There can be a restriction on alcohol consumption inside the premises.
- Many homestays dont allow non-vegetarian food inside.
- For late night returns, you have to contact and talk before with the host.
- You should communicate with your host about your specific requirements and their possibilities.
- You may not like the certain rituals like food habits or mannerisms of a homestay or host's family. You must not stay there but don't be rude to them. After all, every culture has its worth right.
It Can Be Your Best Travel Memory
You may have traveled a lot in a lot of places. Many of them were exquisite; many may be reasonable to forget. But there is evil is good, and also wise in evil, you are going to have a tremendous possibility to experience a once in a lifetime' visit to a homestay and a host family, that stays in your heart forever. It is not the facilities that matter; it is the warmth and feeling of another home that will remain. Keep your vacation as like you left a new family in Himachal.