Best places to visit in India within budget
If you have dreamt of exploring new destinations and making the most of your long weekends but are afraid of the consequences on your bank account, we are here to help you. With the right kind of planning, you can visit a number of places in India without having to worry about the budget. Check out these places that will offer you the best experience without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Goa: A favorite beach destination for many in India, Goa is a hot favorite budget destination. You can enjoy the beaches, forts, local markets and sea food. You can also hire a motorbike and explore Goa on your own. There are a number of pubs you can chill at. Goa has a wide range of accommodation options to choose from.
- Alleppey: The Venice of the East is known for lagoons and waterways. It is an ideal place to laze around and enjoy the delicious food. You can choose to stay in a houseboat for a budget friendly rate.
- Gokarna: There are a number of comfy homestays in Gokarna and lots of eating options near the beach. If you are looking for a peaceful destination, Gokarna is the place to be. You can try hiring some boats or indulge in some water activities.
- Pondicherry: You can enjoy a French experience right in India. Pondicherry will take you pack in time with the cobblestoned streets and the quaint cafes on the beach. Enjoy the French food and soak in the unique vibe of this destination.
- Darjeeling: Darjeeling is one of the best holiday destinations in India. Enjoy the hills and the serenity at this destination. Sip the Darjeeling tea and take in the view of the sunrise at Tiger hills.
- Rishikesh: With a number of water sports and splendid beach camps, Rishikesh has something for every traveler. It is once in a lifetime experience and is totally worth a visit.
- Nainital: One of the most visited budget destinations in India; Nainital is famous for the picturesque location and the beautiful hills. The ropeway to Snow view is a must do here.
- Dharamsala: This colorful destination is mini Tibet and is famous for the large number of cafes and the numerous monasteries. It has exceptional views of the hills and is the best place for a trek to Triund. For a cheap adventurous trip in India, this is the place to be.
- Sikkim: If you are a momo lover, you have to be here. It is one of the loveliest destinations in the country and has a wonderful climate with scenic views and yummy food.
- Hampi: Located close to Bengaluru, Hampi is a treat for history lovers and is value for money. If you visit in November, you can catch the Hampi Utsav as well. Relive the history and enjoy the vast land around you.