Taj Mahal - Night Tour
TajMahalIndia is full of abundant natural beauty and lots of historical monuments. but when we close our eyes and think of the Taj Mahal, the symbol of love we truly feel proud that in India we have one of the seven wonders of the World. That adds glory to the richness of Indian heritage. So to enjoy the real magical beauty of Taj Mahal the night tour of Taj Mahal is preferred by the tourists. Travelers across the globe come to Agra to enjoy the beauty of Taj at its peak during the night.
Travel GuideTaj Mahal night viewing on a full moon night is allowed since 2004 by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). The night tour of Taj Mahal is allowed for 05 consecutive nights in a month. That is on a full moon night, two days before and two days after it. Except on every Friday or the holy month of Ramadan. In 2004 the government lifted the 20 years ban and allowed for an initial viewing for three months after which it was made permanent. The Taj Mahal looks so incredible and mesmerizing on full moon night that the travelers do not even realize how the night passed. Under the moonlight sky, the Taj Mahal gleams like a shining diamond. So this vacation tries a new experience of incredible beautiful Taj. I am helping you with a travel guide and the tips for Night Tour to Taj Mahal.
When to GoThe best time is from November to February, otherwise, it can be unbearably hot or rainy. Dates of full moon area based on Astronomical calculations which are likely to vary sometimes
Taj Mahal night tour ticketTickets for viewing the Taj Mahal at Night have to be bought 24 hours in advance fromthe booking counter oftheArcheological Survey of India, 22 Mail Road, Agra(Contact no. 0562-2227263).Indians (Adult): Rs 510Foreigners (Adult): Rs 750Children between 3 15 years of age: Rs 500Children below 3 years of age: Free EntryThe foreigner's ticket includes shoe covers, a bottle of water, tourist map of Agra, and bus or golf cart service to the entry gate. It also enables ticket holders to enter the Taj Mahal ahead of any Indian ticket holders already waiting in line.The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) stays open from 10 AM to 6 PM. You also need to remember that night tour tickets are available 24 hours before the actual date of the event. The same can also be canceled by 1 PM on the day of viewing.
TimingViewing the Taj Mahal at night takes place between 8:30 pm to 12:30 am in 8 batches of about 50 peoplefor about 30 minutes each.Hence, only 400 people are allowed on a single night. While visiting the Taj Mahal at night, visitors are required to reach half an hour before their scheduled time at the Shilpagram complex.They arent allowed inside the monument at night and can view theTaj Mahalonly from a bit of a distance. All belongings and luggage have to be deposited at a security counter before the night viewing starts. Video cameras are not allowed inside the monument during the night viewing.
Tips for Taj Mahal Night Tour
- Being a traveler, try to choose later batches of Taj Mahal sight-seeing as the moon may not always be high enough or visible clearly during the early batches.
- The travelers should be ready for more restrictive security checks for night viewing of the Taj Mahal.
- Bags and mobile phones arent allowed inside the monument, with the exception of cameras. However, only still photography is permitted and not video.
- A lot of times, it is extremely dark and the moon may not be visible clearly, not leaving enough light for the Tajto acquire its blush. Do not be disappointed and remember that it is mostly just luck when it comes to seeing the Taj Mahal at night.
- While you are there, do not miss the sunsets and sunrise at the Taj Mahal. They are not pearly white and sparkling like the night view but are as beautiful and the sky does seem to rub off some of its tints on to the Taj. These also tend to be great for photographs.