If you are a beach person, you will understand the immense pleasure that sparkling sands and roaring waves give you. Indian coastline is a long one and there are various destinations that are perfect for a family holiday. Consider the best beach destinations in India and plan your beach holiday with friends and family.
1. Varca Beach, Goa: Goa is all about beautiful beaches. However, with increasing number of tourists visiting each year, Goa has become a crowded tourist destination. Varca Beach in Goa is an exotic beach which is one of the cleanest white sand beaches. It is located 2 kms from Benaulim and is known for the luxury resorts and casinos. You will sight wooden boats, fishing nets and fishermen on the shoreline. You can enjoy sailing, sun basking and dolphin spotting here.
2. Radhanagar Beach, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Ranked as Asias best and worlds 7th best beach by the Time Magazine, the sparkling white sand beach is a popular hangout place. It has turquoise water, serenity, luxuriant coastal vegetation and a number of options for beach fun. You can indulge into snorkeling, swimming, scuba diving, sunbathing and fishing. It is an ideal destination for a family holiday if you want to get away from the hum drum of daily life.
3. Paradise Beach, Pondicherry: This beach is the perfect collage of turquoise blue waters and golden sand. It is isolated from the mainland and can be reached by the boat. It is known for the calm waters and the relaxing hammocks. A fun spot for family vacations, even kids have a wonderful time here.
4. Kovalam Beach, Kerala: Kovalam is known for charming beaches and the Lighthouse beach is a famous beach vacation spot. It offers water sports and beach activities. The beach is overlooked by a vintage lighthouse and has a lot of shacks and restaurants. You can indulge in parasailing, surfing, paragliding, riding catamarans and sunbathing here.
5. Promenade Beach, Pondicherry: This scenic beach is a favorite destination for family holidays. The beach is clean and has boulders spread across the shore.
6. Alappuzha Beach, Kerala: Widely known as the Venice of the East, this beach is a little piece of paradise with scenic beauty and serenity. It has some of the most luxurious resorts that ensure a wonderful holiday. Indulge in kayaking and canoeing here.
7. Rushikonda, Andhra Pradesh: This is the best family vacation spot near Vizag. The beach is rocky and has golden sands. It offers various activities like playing beach volleyball, skiing, swimming and surfing.
8. Marina Beach, Tamil Nadu: The second longest beach in the world and longest beach in India promises some of the best family holidays. The beach has a light house, rocky formations and various things to do. It usually remains crowded on the weekends.
9. Tarkali, Maharashtra: This lesser known beach is one of the most pleasant and scenic beaches in Maharashtra. It offers splendid views of the crystal blue water and sun kissed sands and has various activities like scuba diving and snorkeling to indulge in.
10. Mahabalipuram Beach, Tamil Nadu: The beach is famous for surfing and is one of the best beaches in Tamil Nadu. It is also known for the caves and rock cut sculptures. There are turtle walks program on the beach which have caught the attention of many tourists.