In a country like India, honeymoon tradition is not just for vacation. The tradition of a honeymoon is a special period where newlywed can discover and celebrate a new relationship in solitude. Due to varied geography and culture, India is full of breathtakingly romantic destination where a new couple can discover true love.Below we have shortlisted 10 romantic honeymoon destination in India.
Andaman and Nicobar Island
Andaman & Nicobar is union territory of India and is a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal. It consists of 572 islands out of which 38 islands are inhabited. This place is best for relaxation and honeymoon. One can go for candlelight dinner on beach, snorkeling, scuba diving. Andaman & Nicobar is untouched paradise with clean environment, sparkling and golden sea beaches and sunny skiesPlaces to Visit- Port Blair
- Port Blair is the capital of Andaman & Nicobar island and situated on South Andaman Island. The main attraction of Port Blair is Cellular Jail, build by Britisher in 1906. Other places to visit are Ross Island, Viper Island, Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex and Naval Marine Museum. Havelock Island
- This is remote Island which has a lighthouse, beaches, and many small villages. Main attractions of Havelock Island are Govind Nagar Beach, Radhanagar Beach, Kala Pathar Beach, Vijay Nagar Beach and Radha Nagar Beach. Nicobar Islands
- It is the chain of Island in the eastern Indian Ocean. Main attractions are Mount Thullier, Bompuka Island, and Kondul Island. Neill Island
- This Island is famous for coral reefs, natural rocks, and awesome beach resorts. Main attractions are Neill Island jetty, Laxmanpur Beach, Sitapur Beach, Rose Island. Barren Island
- Barren Island is known for an active volcano and scuba diving and it is located in Andaman sea. Little Andaman
- Little Andaman is famous for waterfalls, surfing, and beaches. It is a 4th largest island of Andaman Island. Main attractions are Butler Bay Beach and White Surf Waterfall.Recommended Hotels-
Sea Shell Havelock- Havelock Island The Kingdom Hotel- Havelock Island Comfort Inn Blue Waves- Port Blair Karthika Inn- Diglipur Hotel Exotica Square- Neil Island Silver Sand Beach Resort- Neil Resort Sinclairs Bayview- Port Blair
Image source-Cond Nast Traveller IndiaGoa for long has been the first choice as honeymoon destinations for the newly married couple
. Goa is for everyone, one can stay in a lavish hotel or one can select from many budgets or economy hotel. One can enjoy the awesome nightlife of Goa with dance and booze or can spend the relaxing evening in spas.Places to Visit-
Anjuna Beach- Popular for activities like parasailing, jet ski and many other adventures water sport Calangute Beach- Main attraction is water sports. Colva Beach- Main attractions are scenic and beautiful beaches with open-air restaurants and bars. Baga Beach- Main attractions are water sports, bars, hotels. Dudhsagar Waterfall- Named Dhudhsagar because of its milky water. It is 3 streamed waterfalls with swimming pools in a lap of forest and nature. Fort Aguada- It was built by Portuguese in 1612. The main attraction is siren ocean view from the top and lighthouse. Basilica of Bom Jesus- It is a Catholic church which has a tomb of Saint Francis Xavier and it was built in 1605.Recommended Hotels-
Agonda Cottage Tree House Neptune Shalom Resort Lazy Frog Sterling Goa Varca Shanti Morada Goa Marriott Resort and Spa Seashell Villas Le Maridien Acron Waterfront Resort The Leela, Goa Ibis Styles Goa
Jammu and Kashmir
As it is said Jammu and Kashmir is paradise but it is not an easy trip to plan. One has to evaluate the current situation of the state before planning the trip. Once you are in Jammu and Kashmir, you will be welcomed by green valleys, beautiful mountain ranges, snow if traveling in winter.Places to visit- Srinagar
- The capital city of Jammu and Kashmir sits on the bank of Jhelum river. Main attractions are Dal Lake, Shikara ride in Dal Lake, Hazratbal Shrine, Jama Masjid, Shankaracharya Temple, Nishad Garden. Jammu City
- It is also known as the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It is also called the city of temples. Main attractions are Mata Vaishno Devi Mandir on Trikuta Hills, Raghunath Temple, Mahamaya temple, Bahu temple which is inside Bahu Fort. Gulmarg-
It is best known for adventure and excitement. Gulmarg is paradise for skiers. The main attraction is Kongdori, Shark fin and Apparwath Peak, Nagin valley and Gondola ride. One can enjoy adventure sports like skiing, trekking, snowboarding and mount biking. Sonmarg-
Sonmarg is blessed with breathtaking landscape and thus make it an extravagant visual treat. Main attractions are Kishansar Lake, Gangabal Lake, Vishansar Lake, Haramukh mountain and most famous Baltal and Thajiwas Glacier. Pahalgam
- This small town is blessed with tranquillity greenery and lofty mountains. Main attraction points are Aru valley, Betaab Valley (famous for the shooting of Betaab movie), Baisaran Lake, Sheshnag Lake, and Tulian Lake. Patnitop
- Patnitop gives breathtakingly of Shivalik range. Main attractions are Gourikund from here one can see the Kailash Parvat. Drass
- It is Indias coldest place. It is located at the base of Zojila pass.Recommended Hotels-
Ramada Jammu City Centre Mascot Houseboat The Shelter Group of Houseboat The Vintage Gulmarg The Orchid Retreat and Spa Welcome Hotel Pine N Peak, Pahalgam The Lalit Grand Palace Vivanta Dal View The Khyber Himalayan Resort and Spa, Gulmarg Radisson Blu Lemmon Tree, JammuIt is one of the most romantic and exotic places in India to be. Kerala is blessed with backwater, waterfalls, hills, beaches and western ghats make it a great honeymoon destination In India.Places to Visit- Alleppey
- One can visit Alappuzha beach, Kayamkulam, Krishnapuram, Marari Beach, Alappuzha Lighthouse, Mullakkal Temple and St. Marys Forane Church Athirapally
- Once can visit Charapa Waterfall, Chalakudy river, Sholayar Dam and Vazhachal waterfall. Ernakulam-
Top attractions are Vaikom Temple, Folklore Museum, Vypin Island, Pallipuram fort. Cochin
- Top attractions are Chineses fishing net, Jew Town, Mattancherry Palace, St. Francis Church. Kollam
- Top attractions are Palaruvi waterfall, Ashtamudi lake, Karunagappally Kovalam
- Top attractions are Lighthouse beach, Hawah Beach, Samudra beach, Karamana river. Kozhikode
- Top attractions are Mananchira Square, Tali Shiva temple, Pazhassi Raja Museum, Kadalundi Bird century. Munnar
- Top attractions are Mttupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Top Station. Trivandrum
- Top attractions are Kovalam Beach, Neyyar Dam, Varkala beach, Ponmudi. Wayanad
- Top attractions are Chembra peak, Edakkal cave, Meenmutty falls, Phantom Rock.Recommended Hotels-
Kochi Marriott Hotel Grand Hyatt Kochi Grand Canyon Seawin Beach Resort, Varkala Alleppey Beach Garden Lakeland cruises The Dreamboats Spice Routes Luxury Cruise
Rajasthan is rich in royal culture and heritage. It is one of the best destinations for newly married. Top cities to explore- Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Puskar, Ranthambore National Park, Bikaner, Ajmer, Mount Abu, Chittorgarh.
UttarakhandUttrakhand is also known as
The Switzerland of India. Form Lake to wildlife to ski, you can do all here. Enjoy the blue lake view in Nainital, Enjoy the Himalayan mountain peaks in Dehradun, test your adventure at Auli Ski resort, go wildlife expedition in Corbett National Park, enjoy nature at the best in Mussourrie and Kaushani.
This picturizes hill station is in Tamil Nadu. Ooty is also known as Queen of the hill stations. Riding the Nilgiri Toy Train is must do activity here. Other attractions are Bandipur sanctuary, Emerald Lake and Avalanche Lake, Pykara Falls and PykaraDam, Pine Forests.
It is truly called the Scotland of the East. The meandering roads lakes, waterfalls, and in the valley will make it a perfect honeymoon destination. Top attractions are Elephant falls, Umiam Lake, Shillong Viewpoint, Wards Lake, Nohkalikai Falls, Lady Hydari Park, Spread Eagle Falls.
It is in Assam and only hill station for tourists. It is best known for pure serene and calm and cool atmosphere. Top attractions are Haflong Lake, Hanging bridge, Samparidisa Village.
Romance or fun activity, whatever is on your mind, you can do here. Top attractions areBhagsu fall, Namgyal Monastery, Tibetan Museum, Trinud, Dharamkot, Dal Lake, St. Johns Church, Minkiani Pass, Dhauladhar Ranges, Kangra Fort.Read more:-10 Underrated yet very romantic honeymoon destinations on a budget