India is now allowing only some special categories of foreigners
Certain categories of foreigners can now enter India
The categories of foreigners who can come to India now are as follows:
- Married couples, one of whom is an OCI cardholder and the other is Indian national.
- An OCI cardholder claimed with at least one parent as an Indian or OCI cardholder
- Minors who hold OCI cards and their parents are Indian citizens.
- The only parents of minor children hold OCI cards or Indian passports
- Dependent relatives of foreign diplomats.
- Passport with service personnel accredited to foreign diplomatic missions
- OCI cardholders who need to enter India for family emergencies such as critical health conditions or immediate death of a family member
The Indian government had previously also launched a special evacuation mission, known as the Vande Bharat Mission. As part of this mission, it brought about 158 Indian flights stuck from foreign countries and began operations on May 7. Initially, it was decided that the number of flights would be 64. Later, the aviation authorities were forced to increase the fleet number to return more than 30,000 Indians. Now, the government is allowing OCI cardholders to enter the country as well. Meanwhile, here are some Indians who share their experiences on Vande Bharat's mission.
Also Read: https://ngtraveller.com/new-rules-are-out-for-domestic-flights-in-india-/